face_thefear
▲ Back To Top
LEAVE THE PAST BEHIND
Saturday, May 24, 2008



That is something ALL historians should learn -.-

Bloody history, it's seriously getting on my nerves. I'm literally sacrificing my precious weekend (which I usually spend by relaxing myself in the form of watching tv etc.) just for a stupid history project ):< The worst is, the teacher only gave us the assignment (WHICH IS WORTH 4 CREDITS, I MUST EMPHASISE) on the day that she informed us! WHY COULDN'T SHE GIVE US A WARNING!?

Normally, I would've just used every day of the weekend over the next 3 weeks (which is a total of 6 days) to do my history project. But, I have math and inv test this Monday & I am going for the dive camp next weekend. So if I don't start on my project now, I'll only have 2 days to complete the whole thing (which is utterly insane and impossible) so obviously I have to start now.. And apparently it isn't going very well.

Firstly, I have no freaking idea how to cite the source of information. THE TEACHER DIDN'T EVEN FREAKING TEACH US PROPERLY. What does she think we are!? Child prodigies!? Sheesh! ):< The only example she gave us for citing the source of a piece of primary evidence is: Petition 1893, First session of Parliament, National Archives LE1 1893 7A. Like, how the hell are we supposed to know what LE1 1893 7A is referring to!? The reference no.? The what?! The teacher never told us. And I am getting headaches just because of that.

Secondly, when we find a piece of evidence on the internet and when we want to use it, and the evidence is taken from a book, which one do we cite -.- Omfg lah. Cause if we cite the book, it's a must to put the page number. But if we found the evidence on the internet, how would we know which page that evidence was on in the book? -.- I mean, it would be reasonable if the teacher told us what to do if we came across stuff like that, but the point is SHE DIDN'T. This is all getting a bit ridiculous.

It's half past 12 midnight and I'm horribly tired and sleepy but here I am, trying to figure out what to do for a history project that I'm trying so hard to get Excellence for because it is worth 4 credits in NCEA level one.

Funny how I never seemed to mind projects so much when I was in Singapore with a whole group of friends who would complain about the PTs we had to do while we all slogged through it together :/

If only.. Sigh.

My life is filled with too many 'If only's. I guess my fate is that I'll die with tonnes of regrets. Ahwell.

Tag replies!
Amandatoh: WHOAH that's really quick O_O How time flies. Hahahah. I have a Winter Meet (Short course) in.. 3 weeks' time! Omg I just realised that I'm going for that competition 2 days after my history project is due. Argh. Good luck to you though! (:

Nurul: OMG YES ):< ):< I think! I was checking itunes for top songs, AND THEN I SAW THE FREAKING 'BANNER' THINGY ON TOP! It was advertising the songs performed by both Davids and then I saw the word 'WINNER' above THAT DAVID. ARGH!!!! ):< Tell me my eyes were lying >.<

Li Ying: Nooooo I found out by accident. Boo hoo I am sad. Sobs. Hahah I know how to do the pervo face! It's something like (:< Close to that anyway. That looks more like an evil face than pervo face. Oh well. Hahahaha.

Aliciafong: It just killed the whole purpose of watching American Idol! Today's episode just showed BROOKE WHITE was out. HOW SLOW IS THAT!? Nevermind, I shall just keep watching anyway. See how they performed. Lol. My hols don't start for another 5 weeks! *Pouts* Why do you like David Cook! ): He always looks over-confident and I don't like that. Heh :P

Justin: OH REALLY! DARN! Hahahahah if I had to go to that extent.. I guess your plan must be real good huh! Nah I'd be a gracious loser and admit defeat and applaud you people for your brilliant counter attack (: See how nice I am. LOL. Hmm maybe I should just turn up at APSC, looking totally different from last time so that no one would recognise me. Then I can pretend to be a new girl HAHAHAHAH.

Nickchew: NICKCHEW! Hello! Hahah what aly teo lah -.- Lol. I'm okay here, except for a few things which can drive me insane! (Some people here can't drive properly AT ALL and that pisses me off loads) Uh, I don't know leh. I was planning to go back and visit during CNY 09 but then I have major competitions before and after CNY so I don't think I can escape from training.. Trying to go back during April when I have a 2-week term break because that's my off season period and everyone's entitled to a 2-week break off swimming (:< Oh and I'm super happy man utd won. Yipee!

Amandakhoo: Yes yes I should right? But then 08-08-08 is a long long time to go.. By the time I would've forgotten to change to xanga already. Lmao. Maybe June 1st or July 1st. Heh (: I should hunt for xanga skins in the time being and come up with a new url.

K it's 1am now. Time for my (well-deserved) sleep. Night.

0 Comments

welcome


A penny for your thoughts
But a dollar for your insights

Or, a fortune for your disaster